Students Booking Lessons
A current CADS/BCAS membership is required before booking a lesson.
Please note that weight limits apply to our sit ski equipment. The weight rating is a maximum of 250lbs (113kg)
Not sure if Snowsports is for you? Give us a call and we’ll fill you in on all options – (250) 334-5755
TO BOOK A LESSON ONLINE
If you already have a VISAS Student Profile, use the BOOK NOW button, or click here, to continue directly to the Snowline.
At any time without logging in you can check under Schedule > Lesson Calendar and scroll to the month required to get an idea how busy VISAS is before making your lesson requests.
- Login with your User ID and Password
- In the toolbar, click on your name > Lesson Request
- Click on the dates you would like in the Calendar
- Click “CHECK AVAILABILITY NOW”
- Below the calendar you will see the Date(s) and Time(s) you selected, and the headings “Select” and “Outlook”
- Check the Dates & times if correct and Click on “REQUEST NOW”
- “Outlook” will probably be orange and say MAYBE” until your request is accepted as for now this is just a prediction made by the program
- There is a legend below explaining the colours in “Outlook” that will indicate the likelihood of getting the requested dates
- Green – Very likely you will get this date
- Orange – You may get this date
- Red – It is very unlikely you will get this date
- Even if the outlook is red, we may still find an instructor for that date, so don’t give up right away
- You will be informed by email/text when your request is fulfilled
- You can check your Lesson Calendar from the Toolbar menu or log in to make changes, add dates or cancel lessons. Please give as much notice as you can if you have to cancel a confirmed lesson.
Go directly to the VISAS Snowline
- Click JOIN > NEW MEMBER > STUDENT
- Enter a User ID and Password
- You now need to fill in all your PROFILE information, clicking on NEXT at the bottom of each page with the following headings:
- Personal – make sure you have your correct contact info here
- Medical – height, weight, etc.
- SnowSport – Type/ *do you have your own equipment? / Select a Program – select “Daily” unless you are previously registered in one of the other program choices. (NOTE: Have A Go is only an option if you have never skied or boarded with us before).
- Schedule – enter any remarks here (should be able to pick days + AM/PM)
- Waivers – fill out Medical/ Waiver form and follow the instructions. Read and
check boxesunder “Agreements”
- CADS# – follow the link to BC Adaptive Snowsports to obtain this number – cost is $53 per year. You can SUBMIT without this number but will be unable to book any lessons until you have entered it in this spot.
- Settings – Choose how you want to receive upcoming lesson reminders.
- SUBMIT – You will receive
onscreenconfirmation that you have been successful or be given directions to complete any missing information.
- Click on the blue document icon in the upper right corner to see a copy of the information you have entered – this can be printed if you wish. Exit this document.
- If you have submitted successfully, you will also receive a separate email notification.
- For additional instructions on how to complete your Profile information, click on the blue video camera icon near top centre of the page and a YouTube video will open.
- * If you require rental equipment from the Mt. Washington Alpine Resort through VISAS, it is time to update your MYMW profile on the Mt. Washington Alpine Resort website
- We have sit-ski weight limits. Two of our sit-skis are rated at 250 lbs (113 Kg) maximum; our others are all rated at 200 lbs (91 Kg).
- Alpine instructors for Ski, Sit-ski and Snowboard lessons are available 7 days a week unless the day is a Blackout day.
- Nordic instructors are available for lessons Tuesday thru Saturday unless the day is a Blackout day.