RETURNING INSTRUCTORS INFORMATION
The Returning Instructors Meeting is held mid to late October each year in the Evergreen Seniors Lounge at the Florence Filberg Centre in Courtenay. The actual date and time will be announced a minimum of two weeks prior to the meeting. This is a MANDATORY meeting for ALL Returning Instructors (If you have a family emergency and are unable to attend please advise the President asap).
BEFORE THE MEETING
- Renew your membership with BCAS (link below)
- Update your information on the VISAS Portal. This includes affirming your Criminal Record Check (CRC) or applying for a new CRC if yours is 5 years old prior to the meeting.
- Sign in to the Portal > Existing Members > User ID > Next > Enter Password > Next >
- In the Toolbar under your name – go to your Profile – go through each section, filling in or updating the information as required – SUBMIT.
- You will receive an email notification if all mandatory information has been completed. If not, you will be directed to go back and complete where necessary.
AT THE MEETING
- Ski Pass applications will be completed. You will be asked to sign the MWAR waiver which enables VISAS to obtain all the Volunteer Instructor passes as well as the family passes.
- You will be given information regarding the upcoming training/ refresher clinics and any other pertinent information you need to know before the start of the season.
AFTER THE MEETING
- ALL instructors must complete a minimum of one day Refresher Training before student instruction begins. You will be advised of Mount Washington’s opening day (usually early to mid-December)
- Enter your refresher day in the Portal Training calendar
- You will be advised when your pass is available for pick up at the mountain (or re-loaded)
- You will be advised when your family members passes can be picked up (or re-loaded). Family passes require payment of the GST only plus the first-time charge of $5 for the new re-loadable passes
- Check your email often for updates and use the Portal to familiarize yourself with upcoming events, training, lessons, etc.