The School Program is for participants requesting a cross country or downhill lesson as part of a school field trip to Mount Washington.
Use this option if the student is not currently participating in the VISAS program.
- Prior CADS (BCAS) membership for acceptance is waived and covered by other means, at no additional cost to the school trip.
- Once your lesson has been confirmed you and your instructor will receive an automated reminder 7 days and again 2 days before your scheduled lesson by email/text msg. You may cancel your lesson online up until 2 days before your lesson.
As there is a very high demand for lessons in the VISAS program, ‘no-shows’ for lessons are not appreciated. Therefore, be sure to cancel your lesson as soon as you know you won’t be able to attend. Inform VISAS beforehand if possible, or as soon as possible after a no-show lesson to provide an explanation. No follow up contact with VISAS to provide a valid reason for a No-Show lesson will result in suspension of the 3 lessons request privilege down to one lesson request at a time only.
Important points to remember:
- Ensure that your student’s profile is complete, including the Medical Waiver page and CADS (BCAS) membership #. Lessons will not be assigned without a current valid BCAS membership. Lessons will be accepted on-line pending completion of the Medical Waiver, which must be signed before your lesson can continue (this can be signed by the parent at the mountain VISAS Alpine or Nordic office).
- Note that you can amend/change information in your profile at any time. Do not hit the ‘Submit’ button after every change, just move the cursor out of the blue outlined box in which you made a change. This will avoid automatic email notifications that will occur every time you click on the ‘Submit’ Button.
- NOTE weight limits for SIT-SKI students – Two of our sit-skis are rated up to 250 lbs (113 Kg) maximum; our others are all rated to 200 lbs (91 Kg) maximum.