Race and Skills Development Teams
SKI AND SNOWBOARD
Here is an opportunity to join a team that meets weekly. We will introduce you to racing at a competitive level and help you advance your skills to the point of being an independent skier. Our coaches will develop your skills to race in the Slalom and Giant Slalom categories.
It’s not all about racing though; we also take time to find some untracked powder, ski the tougher terrain and just have a blast on the slopes. You will learn to be a part of a team where everyone is helping each other to get better.
If you think you have what it takes and want to be a part of the team, then get in touch or talk to your instructor.
- Athletes must apply and be nominated to be accepted into the program.
- A maximum of 6 lesson requests at any one time
- Participants must be confidant, display the ability to work in small group lessons and ski/ride all groomed blue runs on all lifts in most conditions.
- Participants skiing/snowboarding ability will be assessed for suitability prior to acceptance into the program.
- Must be a current member of BCAS.
- Be between the ages of 10 and 90.
- Do not need previous racing experience.
- Be highly motivated to become a better skier.
- And most importantly, be ready to work hard and have some fun!
Where and When
- Team Training Starts: Saturday, Dec 20th, 2019 for the Snowboard Team and Sunday, Dec 21st, 2019 for the Ski Team
- Meet in the VISAS Room – Main Lodge at 09:00 dressed and ready to go.
- If no students have registered by Wednesday or Thursday @ 4 pm prior to their racing day, the session will be cancelled by the Race And Skills Development Team Coordinator to allow the reserved VISAS instructors to be assigned other unfulfilled lesson requests. Participants will not be accepted without a current BCAS membership.