VISAS Regular Program:
If your child enjoyed their experience in “Have-a-Go”, they are welcome to continue taking lessons with VISAS when they choose, subject to availability of dates and instructors. For this program, the child must have a membership with BC Adaptive Snowsports (BCAS). The $10 for each temporary membership fee for “Have-a- Go” will be taken off this amount. To register – on VISAS website www.visasweb.ca, click on Student on the top menu, then choose book a lesson, scroll to the new student section.
Note: It is not necessary to participate in the Have-a-Go” program in order to join the regular program.
Booking is the same as for “Have-a-Go” except you will need to present your BCAS Membership number (only need to do this the first time each year).
You are then eligible for a half-price trail pass courtesy of Mt. Washington Alpine Resort, free adaptive instruction and free rentals while participating in a VISAS ski lesson.
Trail ticket gives you access to open trails in the Nordic park and upper area. See the Mt. Washington website for pricing.
PLEASE NOTE: If for any reason you are unable to attend on your booked day, Cancel your lesson on the VISAS Portal, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
ADDITIONAL NOTES FOR CAREGIVERS/ PARENTS:
- Please aim to arrive 30 minutes before your child’s session is scheduled to begin (e.g. 9:30am). First time – allow a little extra time for parking and walking to the lodge. Driving up from the Inland Island Hwy (Hwy 19), follow signs for Mt. Washington.
- NOTE: The Nordic Centre is off Nordic Way – below the alpine area off. Turn at the first left after the Sunrise parking area. The disabled parking area at the Nordic centre is off to the left of the main parking area, right by the Nordic building.
- Check DriveBC for current road conditions from your starting point to Mount Washington Alpine Resort. If the conditions are such that you are not comfortable driving, it’s okay to cancel – but please call Cathe Egan at 250-334-1086 as soon as you know you need to cancel.
- Have sufficient gas in the car for the return trip. There are no vehicle fueling stations on the mountain.
- You must have winter tires and carry chains. Have sufficient windshield washer fluid, etc. Be prepared for winter conditions, snow, rain, dense fog, etc. things can change from morning to afternoon when you go to leave.
- Nordic student meet up is in the lodge towards the back main windows on the left-hand side as you walk into the building, unless arrangements have been made to meet in the disabled parking area.